This really is the perfect everyday handbag! With its classic but modern look, you will find endless uses for it, no matter if you're making it for yourself, your friend, daughter or mother. It's fully lined with a zippered divider pocket, dividing its interior to three separate compartments, which makes finding your things so very easy!
The divider pocket is perfect for your passport and boarding pass when traveling, or for other things you want to keep safe and wrinkle free. It also has a smaller zippered pocket in the lining, and open pockets for cellphone, compact, pen etc.
It's really fun to make, and the exterior is made with just a single fat quarter of quilting cotton, so it's a great way to use that favourite fat quarter you've been saving for a chance to really display it.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
This is a somewhat advanced bag with its curved edges, so some experience in bag making is good to have. However, there's over 45 color photos in this pattern (one or more for each step!) - so it should be easy to follow!
(1) 3/4 Yard home decor weight fabric (the brown accents and handles, vinyl, waxed tablecloth, fake leather or canvas).
(1) 1 Yard lining fabric.
(1) Fat quarter (18x22 inches) decor fabric (the turquoise on on the bag, quilt quality cotton).
(1) 20" x 22" or 12" x 38" Fast 2 Fuse (or other thicker very stable fusible like Pellon Peltex or heavy Vildona).
(1) 24" x 24" Vildona Thin, or any thin, but stable, cardlike iron on interfacing to stabilize lining, and pockets (Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex for example).
(1) 15" Jacket zipper 4.5 wide (or similar, you want a somewhat wider and sturdier zipper with a bigger pull for the exterior).
(1) 13" Regular zipper for the divider pocket (can be a few inches longer if you don't want to have to remove the zipper pull).
(1) 8" Regular zipper for lining pocket.
(4) Rectangular rings or D-Ring with 1" interior measurement.
(1) Decorative O-ring, D-ring (or other embellishment).
Rotary cutter, cutting mat & ruler.
Fabric glue like Gutermann Creativ HT2 Textile Glue (you will really need it).
Heavy duty thread matching your home dec fabric in color.
Clover Clips or similar will make it so much easier.
PDF SEWING PATTERN
This is a PDF sewing pattern file for download and printing yourself. It's a full color pattern with step by step instructions, each accompanied by a color photo to make it fun to sew and the pattern easy to follow.
When the payment has been received an automatic email will be sent with a download link to your pattern. Please note that it can only be downloaded a limited number of times, so please be sure you can properly save your pattern on your computer before accessing your download link unnecessarily. If you are unable to locate your email, be sure to check your spam folder.
You're most welcome to sell items made from my patterns.